A J Llewellyn – a study in deception

[ETA: original title changed, permalink preserved so people don't lose the bookmark.]

Giving certain people a break from the eternal round of “Ann Somerville” (AKA “your oh-so-delightful countrywoman to the northeast”) bashing for being so very mean as to highlighting the crap behaviour of James Austen (and his disgusting, hypocritical defenders), the latest round of scandal to hit the m/m world is actually an old scandal.

Women authors pretending to be male so to better flog their tales of gay romance and give themselves cred with gay male readers.

No, this time it’s not Ms Lanyon (who is in a class of her own so far as ‘chootspa’ is concerned), but A J Llewellyn / D J Manly [ETA: see this] – everything but their names is detailed here. The actor stand-in being used is shown here.

I understand certain Facebooks have been hurriedly scrubbed of evidence, but screencaps have been taken.

ETA: Comparing the results of an image search for “A J Llewellyn” with Michael Crispin’s Myspace page is absolutely fascinating.

ETA2: Images removed because they were chewing through my bandwidth, and in any event, Llewellyn has posted to admit he was using an actor friend’s images as his own.

Expect teary admissions of fault and devoted fans falling over themselves to forgive this person in 3…2…1…

I don’t have anything to add to what “Kris” has to say, except to mention that some of her commentators are flaming hypocrites in their own right. And by that, I mean people like K. Z. Snow who is trying to pretend that I am somehow as bad or worse than authors who abuse reviewers or carry out elaborate deceptions on the reading public and other authors. Her “I’m rubber, you’re glue” act is as disgusting and tiresome as that of that horrid author whose penname begins with “E” (not to be named because her ego-googling will bring her here and I can’t stand the stench.)

This entry was posted in Authors showing arse. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A J Llewellyn – a study in deception

1. Lena says:

You’re an amateur. Authors have been using pen names and different identities since the beginning of time.

2. Lena says:

You’re dumb, too.

3. Sammy2006 says:

Ann,

This is a sad thing–that people can’t be honest about themselves. Am I reading correctly that Josh Lanyon is a woman as well?

Sammy

• “Am I reading correctly that Josh Lanyon is a woman as well?”

That is my firm belief based on information passed to me, yes.

• Alaina says:

I never doubted Lanyon until a few months ago when I ran across another post on your blog (I was actually looking you up because I had read and enjoyed one of your books and you were a new author to me). Now I can’t get the idea out of my head and am looking at everything Lanyon does with suspicion. I can’t decide now whether I want to know for sure or not.

4. Arlene says:

This has been a pet peeve of mine since I have been reading MM. I come from an orientation where the author’s face was on the back of the book or inside cover. So when I started reading e.books things changed and I just took them at their word. Silly me. I’ve heard all the stuff re: They do not have to be an “alien,murderer,etc” to write about it. I agree with that, but when you pretend to be a different gender just to gain financially it makes me feel used.. I think there fabulous female writers in this genre, you Ann are at the top of the list, but when you say your a man I want it to be so!

5. Cindy M. says:

So you think trashing all these authors is going to make you popular or something. It is their business and you should MYOB. Trashing other authors makes you despicable. Who the hell cares? Are you that desperate that you have to try to ruin two excellent authors lives? There is zero information out there about Josh Lanyon. A big fat ZERO. So don’t make shit up. You trashed him 3 years go too. You still have no proof so you shouldn’t make accusations. Kudos to Lanyon for keeping his personal life completely closed off from vultures like you. You are just plain sickening. I could almost understand it if you were writing for a tabloid and earning a big buck, but a stupid blog? That has nothing but evil implications.

• Cindy M/ Anna M

Your nasty remarks were caught in my spam folder because you’re using two different names from the same email address.I know you want to make it look like lots of people agree with you, but if you do this again, I will simply delete all your comments, no matter what they say.

6. Anna M. says:

What are you trying to prove? I’ll answer that for you. You are destroying authors that are better than you. I get it. You are a snake. A despicable no good person. I hope those agreeing with you see you for what you are. A monster. There is no info out there on Josh Lanyon. None. So stop making shit up. You are a fucking witch on wheels. You suck so you try to bring good authors down. I see most people aren’t buying your shit crap. You really need to MYOB.

7. AkFa says:

I wanted to read your books. I planed to do this, but not any more. I just don’t think I can. It’s not because who they are, but because who you are not. Sorry but just can’t respect someone who without blink an eye destroy someone life. Even if you thought it’s not fair, it wasn’t your place to make decision for them. It’s the same as you are saying you care about readers, when your not at all.
    They wrote books, and stories there are not going to change even of they are blonde, yellow or stinks. You made their live miserable. If you can’t care about one person, you can’t care about thousands. Doesn’t matter reader or author.

• I can’t tell you how much I don’t care about you not reading my books. I haven’t ‘destroyed’ anyone, and anyone who uses that kind of rhetoric is too stupid to get my writing anyway,

Go back and wank with your chums. That’s about the level of your intelligence.

• AkFa says:

Any kind of ‘rhetoric’ I could ever use, would have never show your level of intelligence better then your own answer to my post.

8. D.J. Manly says:

Hello Ann. I want to thank you for finally accepting reality. I am D.J. Manly, not A.J. Llewellyn. It’s nice to have my identity back. As for changing my sex on Facebook, I will continue to do so every day. It means simply that an author’s sex is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. I don’t know who you are either, nor do I care.

Thank you for the compliment. I’m sure that deep down you aren’t an arsehole but then… one can never know anything for sure!

D.J. Manly

• You realise if you hung out with a better class of person, you wouldn’t be in this situation, right?

I don’t care what gender you are. I do care that you think it’s funny to fuck around with your readers.

Now stay off my blog. You’re not welcome.

• Dina says:

I agree that an authors sex is no ones business. Unless they themselves ram their sex down our throats! Which is exactly what AJ did. That and that alone is the reasons for the backlash. The same way he was accepted as a gay man, he will be accepted as transgendered. Whether he will find forgiveness for his unethical behavior and poor judgement is another matter.

This storm is of AJ’s own making. He chose to be deceptive and now he has to deal with consequences.

9. Sue says:

Ann Somerville, you are an evil and twisted piece of work. You’re vindictive and cruel. You revel in bringing unhappiness to people. I have nothing but contempt for you.

Comments are closed.